I’m a blessed wife and a homeschooling mom. I check most of the “crunchy mama”** boxes. I was introduced to my husband by a friend and we are a perfect match- both in love and in lifestyle. I have as much passion for chiropractic as he does, for it has helped me tremendously.
I received a “Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue” diagnosis at the young age of 19 and quickly realized that pharmaceutical medicine was not the path for me. Almost two decades later, I am still medication free. And a whole lot wiser.
A chemical-free, real food, faith-filled and chiropractic lifestyle has allowed me to live a pretty normal life. I greatly desire to share what I’ve learned and create a support system for my fellow chronic illness suffering friends. If that is you, or if you simply desire to learn more about natural living, I hope you’ll stick around so we can get to know each other better and learn from one another.
This blog is born of passion and purpose…and a ton of prayer. I’m so glad you are here.
A little more about me…
- I love Jesus Christ with my whole heart. I am awestruck by the blessings, grace and mercy He gifts to me each day.
- Can’t find me on the weekends? I’m at a yard sale.
- I love to laugh and will always pick a comedy on movie night.
- My dog has been my most difficult child.
- Don’t tell me you have a surprise for me. I’ll get it out of you.
- I greatly value my friendships and I blessed in this department with some of the best girls.
- My favorite things are: my people, essential oils, garlic and Pinterest. In that order.
I have wanted to blog for a long time. I finally set my plan in to action when a dear friend approached me for some help. She realized that she and her family were not living the healthiest lifestyle. She works about 60 hours a week and didn’t have much time to figure out the right approach to this problem. Quite simply, she asked, “Can you just tell me what you do?” So I did. People are desiring a better quality of life and I want to help.
I know there is a purpose to my condition. I’ve always known. I’ve prayed for direction. This could very well be that purpose. If I can help others, then my prayers will be answered.
Read my fibromyalgia story here.
**In short, “crunchy” is a term used to describe a person who makes choices that may include: natural options for health and home, extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, and so on. They usually have concern for the environment and often question modern medical practices. They are sometimes referred to as “hippies.”